Friday, September 17, 2010

Charades at Junior High

So today I was a guest teacher at the middle school for the Drama Teacher.  The sub instructions; a detailed plan to play charades with 12-13yr olds all day!!  sounds fun right?  hmmmm  well, maybe for the first hour or so...  It had its moments.  (I was really hoping for a movie day which is generally the norm) I come home exhausted!  I don't know how teachers do it everyday, honestly. Maybe they get used to it and they don't feel so much pressure to do a good job?   They really are heros, especially if they actually manage to connect with the kids, keep a sense of humer, and find a way to help each child "get it".  I am very thankful for good teachers in my kids lives.  I am also very thankful for all the great ladies in PTA with me, and also all the great dads that are stepping up and joining the watchDOGS program.  Sometimes I feel really overwhelmed with all the involvment I seem to find myself in when it comes to volunteer work at the schools, and I do need to learn how to say No more often!  but, I try to remember that it will not last forever, my kids will grow up, and the PTA days will come to an end.. unless I have grandbabies close by (I hope so!) 

No comments: